Making a Difference
Our goal is to provide academic enrichment activities designed to reinforce and complement the regular academic program.
All activities are educationally based and must include services to students on an average of 15 hrs. per week.
Extended Learning Programs are funded by grants received from the U.S. Department of Education using federal funds under 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) and from the Tennessee Department of Education using state funds under the Lottery for Education Afterschool Program (LEAPs).
STEAM Academy -- Summer 2013
Enrollment for the 2013 STEAM Academy has now closed.
STEAM Camps will be held at Prescott South Elementary & Middle School.
- Week 1: June 3 - 6
- Week 2: June 10 - 13
* last updated: May 16, 2013
Providing Putnam County Students with Enrichment Opportunities.
- Remedial education
- Academic enrichment
- Math & Science activities
- Arts & Music activities
- Limited English Proficient classes
- Tutoring & Mentoring programs
- Assistance to students who have been truant, suspended or expelled
- Recreational activities
- Technology programs & telecommunications
- Expanded library hours
- Parent involvement & family literacy activities
- Drug & Violence Prevention
- Counseling programs
- Character Education
- Entrepreneurial education